Thursday, September 24, 2009

A First!

We had a first this week...if you remember, awhile back we had a post about killing snakes. I said the reason we do this is because snakes are dangerous here, and we don't want them around the kids...guess where this is going!
Yes, one of our boys got a little too close to a snake, and not a dead one! He didn't get bit, but rather the snake spit venom and it landed in his eye (don't ask me how). So Curtis and I rushed him to the clinic, they washed his eye out and but some medicine the next morning he was fine, but just as a precaution we bought a special eye drop for him, he is completely fine now - but what a scare!

Pretty sure all the kids think he is a hero now!
Dennis, third grade (he is so cute, and was so brave!)


  1. That sounds pretty scarey. Glad to hear he's doing better.

  2. Glad to hear you were able to get the medicine without further incident. I'd say he is a hero now! Did you ever learn what kind of snake?